Friday 25 April 2014

OUGD402 PPP Pursuing a New Process Hand Drawn Type

Just recently, especially through the Type and Eye project I have developed an awareness of hand rendered type styles especially lettering. I have been building on this through my type journal by documenting the pieces that really grab my attention. I have really wanted to be able to do my own hand rendered type for a while and I attempted to do so in my Sin City Poster. However, I wasn't thrilled with the results so I have started to copy other peoples designs to form a selection of styles that I can draw from and combine in my own designs.
This design is from one of my type journal entries.





This is another type journal entry design. I will continue to do this for as long as it takes to get to grips with as many styles as my brain can take so that I can start to create my own styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment